YES, it seems like watching reruns of Friends is inevitable when it is this cold and windy … and YES, it is scientifically proven that your couch is more comfortable and microwave food tastes better when it is this snowy (probably) …. BUT this weather gives us the perfect chance to explore new parts of London that normally don’t cross our minds!
These are the top 10 things to do if you’re feeling adventurous during this trying time :-)
1. Ice skating at Streatham Ice and Leisure Centre for less than £10: https://www.better.org.uk/leisure-centre/london/lambeth/streatham-ice-and-leisure-centre/prices
2. Head over to Chin Chin Labs in Camden or Soho for TYHE BEST HOT CHOCOLATE IN THE WORLD (spoiler alert: it comes with a marshmallow larger than Storm Emma): https://chinchinicecream.com/
3. Hideout in rooftop igloos at Coppa Club by the Tower Bridge: http://www.coppaclub.co.uk/towerbridge
4. If you're feeling cold, on edge, and you don't want to pay a lot for a spa, check out the Finnish rooftop sauna at Southbank Centre: https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whats-on/124134-finnish-rooftop-sauna-201718?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxZuyydSb2AIV6JPtCh00ZwuDEAAYASAAEgKgi_D_BwE
5. Bring out your inner kid (or just bring your actual kid - LOL) and go sledding. Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, and Hampstead Heath are all delightful places to relieve some stress :)
6. Go to the cinema; buy some popcorn, popcorn, and more popcorn! I'm sure you have heard of this new movie called Black Panther - it's pretty good.
7. Instead of fumbling around at the grocery store with all the other crazies, try out one of these exquisite Sunday Roast Pubs in London: https://www.designmynight.com/london/pubs/sunday-roast-pubs-in-london
8. Escape to Winterland in albert Wharf to find an enchanted forest with neon lit curling lanes, alpine mini golf, cosy fur-lined sofas, feasting tables, and more: https://www.winterlandlondon.com/
9. CULTURE YO' SELF at one of London's brilliant museums or galleries: https://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/sightseeing/london-attraction/museum/top-museums-and-galleries-london (my personal favorite is the Imperial War Museum!)
10. Stay in - because sometimes it's best to just say, "thanks, but no thanks" and judge as Ross and Rachel's amusingly delicate relationship unfolds.